To save time, money and effort, know exactly what you expect and what you want from bathroom fitters in Sheffield before you hire them. For a more impressive result and to ensure that you will get efficient workers in your bathroom, take a look at these ideas.
- Determine what needs to be done. Are you planning to have minor repairs or would the project entail a total bathroom renovation? This is important information that needs to be determined to estimate the budgetary requirements including the level of difficulty the job requires. This will also help you identify the supplies and materials needed for the job.
- Gather information from friends, colleagues or neighbours who may know of bathroom fitters in Sheffield who are reliable and effective. The yellow pages can also be an excellent source of information. Consider at least three companies or plumbers who can potentially do the project for you then out of the short list, pick one that is most suitable for you.
- If you already have a most viable candidate, call the bathroom fitter and invite him over to your house for a site visit. This will help him determine what needs to be done and degree of labour needed.
- Inform the plumber of the tasks and jobs that need to be done in your bathroom. Make your project list thorough. Avoid including additional tasks while the installation is on-going to avoid confusion. Inform the installer upfront of your required job for him to determine the cost of labour including the materials.
- Ask a copy of the installer’s license and validate the information from your local licensing board. You should also find out if the installer has an accompanying insurance. The license and insurance gives you peace of mind that your property is protected while the project is being done.
- During the site visit of the bathroom fitters in Sheffield, ask relevant questions such as the installer’s specializations, charges and fees and other information related to the project.
- Ask for the contact information of some of the installer’s former customers and call them to find out if they were satisfied with the installer’s service.