A podiatrist is also known as a chiropodist. They are certified healthcare professionals, who specialize in diagnosis and treatment of issues related to lower legs, feet and toes. Podiatrists offer a wide range of services, starting with the treatment of minor feet problems like corns, callouses and in-grown toenails, to treating major issues like complications due to diabetes and serious foot injuries. Some of the common conditions treated by a podiatrist are corns, calluses, foot infections, athlete’s foot, deformities in foot, problems with foot arch, ingrown toenails, accidents and injuries to foot, diabetic complications, and posture and gait problems.
Children suffer most problems in lower legs and feet. They suffer from problems relating to deformities in feet, infections, posture and gait problems, ingrown toenails and problems relating to the foot arch. Parents should consult reputed children’s podiatrist in Sydney as soon as they notice foot and leg problems in children. This will help in tackling the problem at the early stage and to avoid lifelong complications.
Consult a qualified and reputed children’s podiatrist in Sydney as soon as you notice any one or few of these symptoms in your children
- Swelling of toenails or redness in between toenails and toes.
- Severe leg and foot pain that does not go away in a couple of days.
- Painful warts on the sole and feet, which leads to difficulty in walking and standing
- Bunions, hardened skin, corns and calluses
- Deformities in feet and wrongly shaped toes
- Numbness in feet
- Ingrown nails on toes
- Feet sores that do not heal with normal treatment
- Injuries happening due to sports, accidents and other strenuous physical activities
- Pain in the heels due to heel spurs
- Problems with the arch and other deformities in the feet
- Posture and gait problems
Consulting an experienced children’s podiatrist in Sydney will help in early diagnosis and treatment of the underlying foot problems due to which children experience pain and other issues. The podiatrist will examine the feet and legs of the child and order further tests if required. He will analyse the gait and posture and find the root cause of the problems. Podiatrists treat feet conditions in children using medications, orthotics, special shoes, support strappings and performing minor surgeries whenever required.