Plastic tables and chairs are commonly seen in households, offices, commercial establishments and even in schools and academic institutions. If you are thinking about buying plastic student chairs, it would be best to determine the advantages as well as the disadvantages of the materials. Here are the points:
- Compared to metal or wooden materials, plastics are pretty much affordable. They are also stylish and comfortable to sit on making it ideal for students who are made to sit for hours inside the classrooms. If your school is working on a budget, plastic chairs can be your best choice.
- Plastic chairs are light weight making them ideal to be around young students. You can even have the kids keep or stack the chairs after school to give them a sense of responsibility on the things that they use.
- Plastic chairs are generally sturdy. They do not break easily so you won’t have to worry about breaking them even if you use these plastic student chairs among children in primary level. They are not also prone to breakage or cracks making them safer to use for children.
- Plastic chairs do not require maintenance unlike wooden chairs where you may need to polish or repaint it over time especially when exposed to harsh climatic conditions.
- They are available in vibrant colours and in various shapes and sizes. Because of these features, they become suitable for kids and in child-friendly institutions.
- Plastic chairs are not that durable as they can easily fall apart. However, with proper care and by choosing high quality plastic chairs, its lifespan can be extended.
- Some plastic chairs are unpredictable when it comes to withstanding weight and pressure making them unsafe to use especially among children who have excess weight or suffers from obesity.
- Compared to wooden materials which command elegance, plastic student chairs sits at the opposite side of the spectrum.
- Although plastic chairs do not require cutting of trees for its materials, they are non-biodegradable so all in all, they are still considered as not so eco-friendly especially with chemicals used to manufacture them.