Second Natural Gas-Fired Electric Power Plant To Be Built In Oregon

Oregon has recently announced that a $900 million natural-gas fired electric power plant will be built on N. Lallendorf Road. This will be the second natural gas electric power utility for the city. The other is the 800-megawatt power plant of Oregon Clean Energy that is still under construction but is expected to be completed by spring. The construction of the 960-megawatt power plant will commence by early 2018 so that it can be operational by 2020.

Both plants have the same developers, William Siderewicz and William Martin. They were given the option in 2013 to use an adjoining parcel of land in N.Lallendorf Road for expansion purposes. City Administrator Mike Beazley refuses to disclose information about the project but the clean burning facility will replace the coal-fired power plants that generate electricity for Oregon.

Since the developers are the same for Oregon Clean Energy, it can be safe to assume that that cooling tower will be requiring at least 3.5 million gallons of untreated water daily from the Lake Erie. About 85% will be dissipated into the atmosphere during the cooling process. The remaining 15% will be piped into the city’s wastewater treatment system.

About 26 persons are expected to be employed by Oregon Clean Energy with an annual payroll of around $3 million which will be beneficial to the local economy. In addition, the Oregon school board has made an agreement with Oregon Clean Energy for a tax incentive donation that will contribute yearly funds for the district for 15 years. The total payments that will be received by the district will amount to $17.5 million. It is expected that a similar agreement will be reached with the construction of the second natural gas-fired electric power plant. However, according to Beazley, it is still premature to talk about agreements including water and sewer systems because construction has not yet started.

If there is a need for residential and commercial electrical installations and maintenance, the best option is electrician in Perth who has a reputation for excellence, superior service and affordability. The electrician is also fully licensed and highly qualified to perform electrical work.