Despite the uncertain economic status of the country, Thailand is still welcoming a lot of new establishments for the year 2017 such cultural landmarks, shopping complexes as well as luxurious hotels. For shopping destinations, here are some projects to look forward to.
- Scheduled to be open to the public before the year ends. The project is worth 50 billion baht located in Charoen Nakhon Road. Once the project is finished, it will have two shopping complexes, lifestyle attractions as well as two condo buildings for residential purposes. It will have a total area of 525,000 square meters which will feature both the Iconsiam and Iconluxe.
- CentralPlaza Mahachai. This project will be finished by the fourth quarter of this year. It will have around 300 stores and it has a total land area of 170,000 square The store can be found at Rama II and consumers will have a lot of options in terms of food destination.
- CentralPlaza Nakhon Ratchasima. Set to open in September. This project is designed for mixed use which will feature convention hall, park, shopping centre, outdoor lifestyle market and hotel. It covers a total land area of 355,000 square meters and it will be the 31st branch of the Central Empire. The project can be found on Mitrapap Road.
- Central Phuket. This is another branch of Central which will open in December. It will be dominating the main road of the island and will offer around 700 shops in two different buildings that are connected only by a sky-link that features an automatic walkway.
Aside from shopping centers, there are also a lot of luxury hotels opening in Thailand this year. Here are some of the most awaited ones.
- Marriot Marquis Bangkok Queen’s Park. This is the very first hotel in Thailand that is designed by Marquis. It is located in Sukhumvit 22 and had its soft opening last December. The project boasted 1,360 rooms and suites, 3 ballrooms and 30 meeting chambers.
- The Edition Hotel. The New York branch of this hotel is known as a design hotel and has over 270 rooms and suites. The Thailand branch will have now have its own version of design hotel in Bangkok with 155 rooms as well as a lot of space meant for public spaces. This project is termed as the Bangkok Edition.