Thailand – When you are in a certain predicament that would require legal aid, it is important that you don’t just hire any lawyer but a good one. This is because a good lawyer is the only thing that you need to win a legal case. If you are searching for a good lawyer, make sure not to rush in hiring. Here is a step-by-step guide to finding a good attorney.
STEP #1: FINDING
- The first step to finding a good attorney is to determine what type of attorney you need. This of course would have to depend on your need for a lawyer. If you need one who specializes in international law, then you would have to find an international lawyer in Thailand. If you need one that specializes in real estate, or family law, or even criminal law, then you would have to find a lawyer that fits your need.
- Your local bar association would have records of attorneys practicing in your area and it would do you good to contact them and ask for referrals.
- There are also many listings online and the best thing about them is that they have reviews from previous clients which can help you in many ways.
- Lastly, you can ask for referrals from family or friends who had recently worked with a lawyer.
- Remember to make a list of the attorneys that you find in your area and review each of their websites if they have any.
STEP #2: CHOOSING
- Once you have made a list and had sorted out which lawyers you think can help you the most, the next step would have to be scheduling a consultation appointment. It is recommended that you start with the lawyers that offer free consultations first.
- Write important questions regarding pricing, success rate, availability and misconduct. Also, it would be better to have a lawyer that is from your state or area.
- Bring documents that you think is important and necessary.
- Once you have finished with the consultations, you should remember to choose an attorney that you feel comfortable the most.
STEP #3: COSTS
- Once you have made your choice, you should be able to fully understand how the lawyer charges for his services.
- Never hesitate to negotiate a fee especially if you are on a budget.