In cases where a person is apprehended for a particular offense or criminal act, part of Miranda rights is informing the arrested individual that he/she has the right to get a private counsel and in case he/she cannot afford one, he/she will be provided by a public defender. Although there are some benefits in choosing a court-appointed lawyer, there are far more advantages of hiring a private lawyer, such as a lawyer from Donich Law. Here are some of the benefits.
- Right after you are arrested for a crime, a private lawyer can aggressively represent you to ensure that your rights and privileges are safeguarded. At the initial stage, the lawyer can coordinate right away with the offended party in order to arrive at a possible immediate civil compromise or settlement.
- A private lawyer can file for immediate intervention with the prosecutor’s office, such as a request for diversion or Office Hearings. Court appointed lawyers can only start representation after a proper case is filed in court.
- In general, private lawyers from Donich Law or your preferred law firm devotes more time and attention to case preparation. You are also guaranteed to be represented starting from pre-court, arraignment, pre-trial and all the stages of full blown court litigation. Private lawyers can also limit their caseload so they can focus on their cases, unlike court appointed lawyers who cannot refuse to take in additional cases.
- Most private lawyers have their own specialization. Thus, you can expect that the lawyer handling your case has the expertise and experience that will allow you to win or arrive at a sound decision with your best interest in mind. Court appointed lawyers accept different types of cases assigned to them which limits their expertise on a particular branch of law.
- Probably the best benefit of hiring a lawyer from Donich Law is that you can choose who will handle your case and you can express your ideas mainly because you are paying for the lawyer and they are bound to consider your expectations. You can also ensure a more professional handling of your case with private lawyers.